Convention Center and Performing Arts Center
The SAFE Credit Union Convention Center and Performing Arts Center is a 240,000 sq ft brand new facility with cutting edge design, advanced technology, and unsurpassed scalability right in the middle of downtown Sacramento, California. With a 160,000 sq ft exhibit space, 80,000 sq ft meeting space and a 15,000 sq ft outdoor plaza, this is sure to be an incredible location for the OSA 2022 Convention.
Sacramento is getting bigger, better and bolder with an expanded and recently renovated Performing Arts Center (erstwhile Sacramento Community Center Theater). This 2,400+ seat theater is Sacramento’s premier performing arts venue, home to Broadway Musicals, Ballet, Opera and Orchestra. Situated in the heart of downtown, directly across from the Capitol Rose Garden and within walking distance to first-rate hotels and restaurants, the SAFE Credit Union Performing Arts Center is the new performance home for many local organizations.
There are 4 major airports to get to Sacramento Convention Center Venue
- Sacramento Intl airport to Convention Center – 12 miles, takes about 15 mins by car in low traffic.
- Oakland Intl airport to Convention Center – 92 miles, takes about 1 hr 25 mins by car in low traffic.
- San Francisco Intl airport to Convention Center – 99 miles, takes about 1 hr 31 mins by car in low traffic.
- San Jose Intl airport to Convention Center – 124 miles, takes about 2 hrs by car in low traffic.
Sacramento and Around
- Sacramento Check out the website for many attractions for all ages and interests. Few unique ones:
- Fairytale town about 10 mins from OSA 2022 Convention.
- Gold Panning in Golden state! Check out more options for gold panning.
- Jelly Belly Factory Tour – Jelly Belly Factory is about 45 mins from the OSA 2022 Convention.
- SMUD Museum of Science and Curiosity – 5 minutes from the OSA 2022 Convention.
- California State Capitol Museum. – 4 mins from the OSA 2022 Convention.
- Yosemite About 2 and a half hours from the convention venue, check out the website for many attractions for all ages and interests. Few unique ones:
- Yosemite Falls is one of the tallest waterfalls in North America, at a height of more than 2,425 ft!
- Bridalveil Fall is one of Yosemite’s most iconic waterfalls.
- Tunnel View is a must stop for any first time visit to Yosemite Valley. From this vista you can see El Capitan, Half Dome, and Bridalveil Fall.
- – About 1.5 hrs driving distance from the OSA 2022 Convention.
- Explore and its .
- There are also many things you can do in Napa Valley. Few options:
- Explore Napa Valley and its world famous wineries on a train:
- Enjoy the 5,000-square-foot art gallery at , the region’s first venue to combine wine and art.
- Hot Air Balloon rides in Napa Valley
- : About 2 hrs driving distance from the OSA 2022 Convention is the nation’s second deepest lake in the snowy Sierra Nevada mountain range. Besides enjoying the beautiful scenery that takes your breath away, few unique activities to do in Tahoe:
- San Francisco – About 1.5 hrs driving distance from the OSA 2022 Convention
- San Francisco needs no introduction. Attractions include:
- Golden Gate Bridge https://www.goldengatebridgestore.org/Default.asp
- Asian Art Museum https://asianart.org/
- SF Museum of Modern Art https://www.sfmoma.org/
- SF Chinatown – the largest outside of Asia and the oldest Chinatown in US. http://www.sanfranciscochinatown.com/
- Ghirardelli Square https://www.ghirardellisq.com/ Gotta have chocolate there https://www.ghirardelli.com/StoreLocations-SanFranciscoSquare
- Scenic 49 mile drive of SF. This is a good way to drive and see most of the SF attractions. Get the 49 mile drive map from the link.
- Silicon Valley – Global center for high technology and innovation. It is located in the SF Bay Area and is about 2 hrs driving distance from the OSA 2022 Convention.
- Silicon valley corresponds roughly to the geographical Santa Clara Valley. Silicon Valley is home to many of the world’s largest high-tech companies, including the headquarters of more than 30 businesses in the Fortune 1000, and thousands of startup companies. 25 Must see Silicon Valley attractions including:
- Computer History Museum in Mountain View, CA.
- Intel Museum in Santa Clara, CA
- Apple’s Company Store and Headquarters Cupertino, CA
- Alphabet Inc./Google Headquarters, Mountain View, CA
- IBM’s New Almaden Research Lab, San Jose, CA. This is where the hard drive was invented here!
NASA Ames Research Center Mountain View, CA
Few non -tech attractions in Silicon valley:
- Stanford Memorial Church, Stanford, CA
- Winchester Mystery House, San Jose, CA
- Almaden Quicksilver Mining Museum, San Jose, CA
- Filoli Historic House and gardens, Woodside, CA